Monticello, NY – Sullivan County continues to work closely with towns, villages and schools to ensure COVID-19 at-home test kits reach as many people as possible.
“Over the weekend, we took possession of more than 5,000 kits,” Community Resources Commissioner Laura Quigley explained. “We’ve been distributing them to local officials since yesterday, and I’m happy to say many have already reached the hands of local residents.”
Kits are free and contain one test apiece. Supplies are limited and are being distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Here’s the list of towns and villages which are distributing kits, how many they’re receiving, and how to contact them to find out where and when to get a kit:
- Town of Bethel, 252 kits – 845-583-4350
- Town of Callicoon, 180 kits – 845-482-5390
- Town of Cochecton, 96 kits – 845-932-8360
- Town of Delaware, 156 kits – 845-887-5250
- Town of Fallsburg, 780 kits – 845-434-8810
- Town of Forestburgh, 60 kits – 845-794-0611
- Town of Fremont, 72 kits – 845-887-6055
- Town of Highland, 144 kits – 845-557-6085
- Town of Liberty, 576 kits – 845-292-5110
- Town of Lumberland, 156 kits – 845-856-8600
- Town of Mamakating, 696 kits – 845-888-3000
- Town of Neversink, 204 kits – 845-985-2262
- Town of Rockland, 216 kits – 845-439-4399
- Town of Thompson, 900 kits – 845-794-2500
- Town of Tusten, 72 kits – 845-252-7146
- Village of Bloomingburg, 24 kits – 845-733-1400
- Village of Jeffersonville, 24 kits – 845-482-4275
- Village of Liberty, 252 kits – 845-292-2250
- Village of Monticello, 384 kits – 845-794-6130
- Village of Woodridge, 48 kits – 845-434-7447
- Village of Wurtsboro, 72 kits – 845-888-2522
For those unable to access these locations, contact the Sullivan County Community Assistance Center at 845-807-0925 for help.
“Since we continue to receive only a fraction of the tests needed to reach all 77,000 of our residents, we parceled out the kits by population,” noted Public Safety Commissioner Thomas Farney. “The formula we used was 60 kits per 1,000 people, setting aside around 1,500 for the County to give out directly to the elderly, the low-income and others who might struggle to obtain these kits.”
More kits are on order and will be distributed as soon as the County receives shipment.
Free Kits Now Available Through the Federal Government
Free at-home COVID-19 test kits can now be ordered via the Federal government and the United States Postal Service at www.covidtests.gov. The tests are expected to ship free of charge within 7-12 days of being ordered. Limit one order per residential address, which includes 4 individual rapid antigen COVID-19 tests.
Rapid Testing Offered at SUNY Sullivan County NY
Oral, saliva-based PCR tests are available at SUNY Sullivan, 112 College Road, Loch Sheldrake, with appointments available between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Mondays through Fridays.
Appointments can be made via test provider Quadrant Biosciences at https://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=24841628&calendarID=6421122.