Testing is free to all eligible New Yorkers as ordered by a health care provider or by calling the NYS COVID-19 hotline at 1-888-364-3065.
Attention Essential Workers who live in New York State! Child care costs are being covered for essential staff whose income is less than 300 percent of the federal poverty level and will be paid up to the market rate for each region statewide for children aged six weeks through 12 years. This includes the opportunity for essential workers who are in receipt of subsidy to have any family share they are responsible for paying covered by this program.
All essential workers: health care providers, law enforcement, pharmaceutical staff, firefighters, transportation workers, food delivery workers, grocery store employees, child care staff and others are eligible. See https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/no-2026-continuing-temporary-suspension-and-modification-laws-relating-disaster-emergency
• Essential staff must work outside the home and have an income of less than 300 percent of the federal poverty level (or $79,500 for a family of four)
• More information is available at https://ocfs.ny.gov/childcarerelief
How to Apply
• Parents can apply for funding through an easy online application, available at https://ocfs.ny.gov/childcarerelief
• Online applications can be submitted starting June 23, 2021 and will be processed and awarded on a rolling basis until funds are depleted
All current essential worker scholarship participants MUST reapply through this new application to continue to receive funding. CARES 3 Essential Worker Scholarship Funding will end on June 28th. You must reapply for funding to continue.
How it Works
• Funding is part of the Federal Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act
• Child care costs will be paid up to market rate for each region statewide; market rate information can be found at https://ocfs.ny.gov/main/policies/external/ocfs_2019/LCM/19-OCFS-LCM-23.pdf
• Child care providers will be paid directly on behalf of the parent
• Parents are responsible for any tuition amount the scholarship does not cover