|Treatment is a planned, systematic way of learning about yourself and how you interact with the world.|
You can expect the following:
- The specific goals of treatment you will receive will be worked out between
you and your therapist.
- The focus of treatment is to help you to understand and deal more
effectively with problems you are encountering.
The Department is staffed by professionals of various disciplines:
- You will have a specific therapist assigned to you who will meet with you on
a scheduled basis.
- Everything you talk about is confidential.
- The focus of talking with the therapist is to understand why your problems
are happening and alternative ways of thinking and living.
- The therapist does not have any magical answers, but will help you come to
your own solutions.
- The desire to change on your part is essential. The length of treatment
will be decided by you and your therapist.
- Sometimes treatment sessions include a spouse, a family, or a group of
people mutually helping one another.
- Social Workers
- Social Work Assistants
- Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors