Thursday, May 10, 2018
Monticello, NY – Eleven projects across Sullivan County will receive funding through the County’s Plans & Progress Small Grant Program. A record number of applications were received for Round 1 of the 2018 program, representing participation from all nine legislative districts.
“More than $61,000 will be distributed, leveraging over half a million dollars in total project costs,” said District 9 Legislator Alan Sorensen, chair of the Planning Committee. “This will positively impact many worthy initiatives in every part of the County.”
• $6,000 to Bethel Woods Center for the Arts to conduct archaeological exploration and identification of historic elements at the 1969 Woodstock Festival Site in Bethel.
• $7,784 to the Town of Bethel for signage and equipment for the Town Dog Park at the Forest Reserve at Smallwood, as well as for the design and printing of a new Bethel visitors’ map.
• $2,800 to NACL Theatre in Highland Lake to purchase instruments, props, and costumes for their Small Miracles performance series.
• $2,850 to the Catskill Fly Fishing Center and Museum in Livingston Manor to repair the gift shop porch and improve the exterior through plantings and painting.
• $10,000 to the Western Sullivan Public Library to repair and repoint the masonry walls of the historic Callicoon branch building.
• $5,877 to the Town of Liberty to purchase and install 7 fitness stations at Hanofee Park and to print a new Town brochure, focusing on parks and recreational opportunities.
• $4,000 to Sullivan County Head Start to improve the exterior of their Woodbourne headquarters, including façade improvements, stair and walkway repairs, and bench installation.
• $6,000 to New Hope Community to purchase a track chair that will enable those with disabilities to participate in farming at their Hope Farm in Loch Sheldrake.
• $6,000 to Catskill Regional Medical Center to hire a landscape architect to complete construction and design plans for the Woodland Wildlings Trail and Garden project at the Harris campus.
• $10,000 to the Sullivan Alliance for Sustainable Development to begin construction of a community garden at Evergreen Housing Complex in Monticello.
Funding is still available through the Plans & Progress program. Applications for the second round are due by 4 p.m. on June 1. The grant guidelines and application form are available at the Division of Planning & Community Development page on the Sullivan County website, www.co.sullivan.ny.us, under “Technical Assistance & Funding Opportunities.”
For more information, contact Shannon Cilento at Shannon.Cilento@co.sullivan.ny.us or call (845) 807-0529.
The restoration of the historic Callicoon (Delaware Free) branch building of the Western Sullivan Public Library will be funded in part by a Plans & Progress award. Photo courtesy Western Sullivan Public Library.
Hanofee Park in the Town of Liberty will feature a brand new fitness trail around Dixie Lake. Photo courtesy Town of Liberty Parks & Recreation.